1.26.2011

Love & Heartbreak

I can recall the day I first started this crazy mission. The day I thought I could stop a heart broken woman from killing the man she loved. But now, now I know that I've failed. The blood on my hands, is my proof. Proof that my life as I once knew it, is over. Who knows what will come next for me. All I know is what has happened. What can never be undone. Austin's never been a smart man. Not when I met him in the fifth grade, and certainly, not now. The only time I've seen him use his brain for something other than video games, was the day he tried to figure out how to try and talk to Jane. It was at a frat party our junior year, if we'd never gone to that party like we'd planned, we'd both be better off. I wish Austin had known what she was capable of that day. But, he walked up and struck up a conversation.

"Hi, I'm Austin, and can I just say, you look amazing?"

Jane giggled and looked up at him, "I think it's adorable when it's obvious that guys are hitting on you, and my name's Jane, thanks for asking."

Austin immediately looked embarrassed, "Oh, we-well I'm sorry for bothering you," He stammered as he started to turn.

Jane touched his arm, and giggled once more. "No, don't go. I never like sending off a handsome man."

He turned to look at her and smiled, "I'm handsome?"

She smiled that sultry smile, the one I knew all too well today, "Of course, don't you ever look in the mirror?"

From then, they were the perfect couple. The one that was never going to break up, and for four years, it was exactly like that. Until Austin met Chasity. Me, being his best friend always heard about his recent escapades. With Jane, or otherwise. Up until he met that awful girl, all of the stories not about Jane, were just some hot chick, with a nice rack hitting on him at the bar. But with Chasity, it was different. He had to learn how to sneak around. I never liked Chasity, she didn't have any substance. Just some dumb bimbo that slept around, the kind of girl worth passing by. She was the polar opposite of Jane, and I didn't understand why he'd choose a girl with a good boob job, over someone like Jane. So I decided one day, i'd talk to Austin. I'd remind him how perfect him and Jane were, and how he shouldn't mess up something wonderful like that. I thought he'd come around, recognize his wrong doing and tell Chasity it was over. But oh, how wrong I was. Austin had clearly fallen for Chasity, he went ballistic, spouting about how Jane didn't understand him anymore. He talked about how real Chasity was, and how much she understood him. Me, never wanting to argue with an angry Austin, gave up and went to talk to Jane myself. To try and break it to her, before he broke her.

* * * * * * * * * * *

"So, James, what exactly did you want to talk about?"

She was so unprepared for this, with her excited little smile, "Well, it's about Austin."

Her expression dropped.

"What is it?"

I'm going to break her heart.









To be continued later...

No comments:

Post a Comment